About this Privacy Notice
LEG Power Lochaber Limited is committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about how we use it, whether you are a shareholder/member (or nominated representative), applying to be a shareholder/member (or nominated representative) or you have registered your details so you can hear more from us or are simply visiting our website.
This Privacy Notice aims to give you a clear explanation about how LEG Power Lochaber Limited collects personal information (or “personal data”), the types of personal information we collect, how we use it (or “process” it), and whether we share it with anyone else. It also explains your legal rights and choices regarding the information you provide to us.
Children’s privacy: Our website and services are not aimed at children.
Our contact details
If you need to contact us about this Privacy Notice or have a question about your personal data, our contact details are:
LEG Power Lochaber Limited
An Drochaid Claggan
Who is responsible for your personal data?
LEG Power Lochaber Limited is responsible for how and why your personal data is used. The legal phrase for this is Data Controller (or “Controller”).
LEG Power and LEG Power Lochaber are trading names of LEG Power Lochaber Limited.
We are a Registered Society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 with registration number 8053.
Our registered address is:
An Drochaid Claggan
Our business address is:
Unit 26, Trinity Enterprise Centre
Furness Business Park
Your legal rights
You have the following legal rights in relation to the processing of your personal information:
- To be informed: You have the right to know what personal information we are processing about you, how and why. The information in this Privacy Notice is intended to provide you with this information. If you need more information, please ask us;
- Access: You have the right to request a copy of your personal information that we hold about you together with other information relating to its use, subject to the application of any relevant legal exemptions;
- Erasure: At your request, we will delete your personal information from our records providing we don’t have an overriding legitimate reason for holding on to it;
- Rectification: We aim to keep your personal information accurate, current, and complete. We encourage you to contact us by emailing email@example.com to let us know if any of your personal information is inaccurate or changes, so that we can keep it correct and up-to-date;
- Objecting: In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information where we are: (i) processing your personal information on the legal basis of legitimate interests and we have no compelling reason we can demonstrate to continue with that processing, or (ii) using your personal information for direct marketing, or (iii) using your personal information for statistical purposes;
- Right to restrict processing: you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information whilst a disagreement is resolved about its accuracy or whether we can use it on the legal basis of “legitimate interests”;
- Rights related to automated decision making: where we take automated decisions in relation to your personal information with no human involvement (i.e. such as credit scoring) you have the right to ask us for human intervention or to challenge any such decision;
- Right to withdraw consent: If you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information, you have the right to fully or partly withdraw your consent;
- Porting: You have the right to request that some of your personal information is provided to you, or to another information controller, in a commonly used, machine-readable format.
How to exercise your legal rights
You may exercise any of the above rights, at any time, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org together with a proof of your identity, i.e. a copy of your ID card, or passport, or any other valid identifying document.
If you believe that your information protection rights may have been breached, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority, or to seek a remedy through the courts. The UK, supervisory body is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) www.ico.org.uk.
Other websites and Third-party links
Information about other people
If you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, such as your partner, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used, and that they have given their permission for you to disclose it to us and for you to allow us, and our outsourced service providers, to use it.
How long we keep your personal data
LEG Power Lochaber Limited will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements and, where required for us to assert or defend against legal claims, until the end of the relevant retention period or until the claims in question have been settled.
We do keep certain records, which may include personal data, for more extended periods, for example, after you have sold your shareholding, if we need to do this to comply with our legal, regulatory, tax or accounting needs and obligations.
- If you unsubscribe from our marketing database we would usually delete your personal data from our marketing database as soon as possible and at the latest within one month. In line with standard direct marketing good practice, your contact details only would be transferred to a suppression list to avoid accidentally sending you marketing in the future.
- If you have contacted us with a general enquiry via our website, we will reply to you using the contact details provided. Unless you have specifically consented to your personal data being added to our direct marketing database, your contact information will be stored for a period of up to one year in case any follow up is required.
Upon expiry of the applicable retention period we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
If you want to learn more about our specific retention periods for your personal data established in our retention policy, you may contact us at LEG Power Lochaber Limited.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law or in order to process your instructions or perform a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to carry out your instructions or perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. In this case, we may have to cancel our engagement or contract you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Updating your personal data
If any of the personal data that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address or if you wish to cancel any request you have made of us, or if you become aware we have any inaccurate personal data about you, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com We will not be responsible for any losses arising from any inaccurate, inauthentic, deficient or incomplete personal data that you provide to us.
Automated decision making and profiling
LEG Power Lochaber Limited does not use your personal information for automated decision making or profiling purposes.
Automated decision-making is the process of making a decision which produces significant legal effects for that individual and that decision is made solely by automated means without a human being involved at all.
Profiling means the analysis of certain characteristics of an individual’s personality, behaviour, interests and habits to find out more about their preferences or to make predictions about their behaviour and/ or to make decisions about them.
Change of ownership
If we were to sell or transfer LEG Power Lochaber Limited to another organisation, your records would also transfer to the new owner. Limited information may also be shared, where required, with legal and other professional advisors involved in that transaction.
The reason we would transfer your records is to minimise the disruption to the on-going operation of LEG Power Lochaber Limited and to ensure we and a new owner were able to comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention of such records, including the ongoing delivery of care and service to you and our associates.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We will update and change this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect any changes to the way in which we process your personal information or changing legal requirements. Any changes we may make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Notice.
Want more detail?
The type of personal information we collect and how we use it will vary depending on our relationship. To find out more about how we use your personal information, please select and read the detailed Privacy Notice that applies to our relationship.
Simply choose from the options below: